v1.1 released 02/03/2017
TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode.
TinyIDE gives you more space to develop your ideas
Cross platform, Windows, Mac, Linux. For LC V8 onwards.
TinyIDE is an effort to provide an alternative LiveCode IDE which uses a minimum amount of screen space without compromising on usability or efficiency.
I started this project as a result of frustration caused by constantly having to open/close the LC Tools palette and having to move other LC palettes/windows so that I could work comfortably on my laptop.
Apart from keeping the TinyIDE footprint as small as possible it was essential that the TinyIDE plugin was non-destructive to the standard LC IDE.
No standard LC IDE files are changed when using TinyIDE.
Menu items, Classic Controls, Widgets and Graphics items are copied at the launch of the TinyIDE plugin, so it should keep up to date as new widgets or LC Menu items are added to the standard LC IDE.
The primary reason I am able to keep the TinyIDE footprint small is that the Tools palette is now contained in a horizontal scroller within the TinyIDE.
TinyIDE at a glance (v1.0)
- Non destructive to the standard LC IDE
- Small footprint
- Free (CC By 4.0 with Attribution)
- Easily modified..hey it’s LiveCode
- Object Peek – view object info on rollover (1.1) option in settings
- Code Peek – view script of object on rollover (1.1) option in settings
- Has a drop-down to launch web content and local Apps (1.1) option in settings
- Monitor vertical offset (1.1) option in settings
- Has a ‘Collect open Stacks’ button to retrieve all those stacks that have wandered off screen
- Has a timer .. well, I find it useful
- Can be switched between 2 monitors (if attached)..not tested on Mac or Linux..feedback please
- Monitor buttons also act as a toggle to display TinyIDE at full width
- Has a toggle for the standard LC Tools palette (paint tools are not copied to the TinyIDE)
- Can toggle between the standard LC IDE and TinyIDE
- New stack button also launches the Stack Properties palette
- Quick launch button for the LC dictionary
- Toggle for the LC Project Browser
- Button to launch local applications (preset for Editor)
- The standard IDE and TinyIDE can be displayed together
- Closing TinyIDE reverts back to the standard LC IDE
Just copy the revTinyIDE.livecode file to your working plugins directory and launch from the Development/Plugins menu of the standard LC IDE … done.
Tip> use the Plugins Settings to start TinyIDE when LiveCode starts up.
Give it a try and give me some feedback.
Looking forward to your comments and suggestions and on how you’ve found TinyIDE to use. I use TinyIDE now as my main LC IDE. Released Free as my way of giving back to the LiveCode community that have helped me continue, encourage and improve my LC coding.
V1.1 – 02/03/2017 TinyIDE Download zip (downloaded 97 times)
- Vertical offsets adjustment for monitor 1, 2 and docked.
- Select Group button added.
- Web and App links now settable.
- Object Info on rollover.
- Code Peek – object script view added.
- Add option to omit stacks from the Collect Stacks function.
- Configurable (show/hide) buttons.
V1.0 – 12/01/2017 .. initial release.
Add configuration card to
allow external applications and web sites to be easily added/amended/deleted. These are hard coded at the moment, but easy to modify. allow TinyIDE to start up in minimum format, ( minimum width, hidden standard LC menubar)
Icons used in TinyIDE from
IcoMoon-Free is a free vector icon pack by [Keyamoon](http://keyamoon.com).
CC BY 4.0 with Attribution ‘TinyIDE created by Andy Piddock – 2108.co.uk’